Must See: Living Room Concert Series with Famey & Floco Torres

Relationships in the music industry have plenty of horrifying stigmas that come with them. 87% of that is based on real life situations and the other 13% is word of mouth exaggeration. Time has a way of weeding out who you shouldn’t be around and who you shouldn’t keep in touch with. This theory is one of the main reasons I’m elated to finally bring Famey down to Macon on Floctober 16th for the third show in the Living Room Concert Series at the Cox Capitol Theatre.

I met Famey (at this time he was Young Fame) in 2007 through a mutual friend that wanted me to hear this dope artist/producer living in Pennsauken, NJ. I came to his studio a few times to record and ended up buying a beat called “Hot Like The Sun” before I moved to Macon. “HLTS” was the biggest song I had done at the time and we stayed in touch to eventually do an entire project called Young Thunderkats. Outside of Famey’s talent, he seemed like a good guy that worked as hard as I did (if not harder).

We kept in touch over the years – through his father’s untimely passing, his signing to Jerry Wonda’s Wondamusic label (same name as his own indie label. I still remember the day he called me about signing) and numerous releases and shows we played together when I go back to the east coast. I consider Famey to be a friend of mine in this industry, one who offered me space on his set at last year’s A3C hip-hop music festival in Atlanta after I told him how I’ve been shunned by the fest numerous times now.

Think I’m just being biased? Listen to “Mommy’s Millionaire,” “Say Word” and “Posterchild.” We’ll see you at the Capitol on Floctober 16th.

TICKETS